35 Maiden Lane, London, WC2E 7LB +44 2081281632
Excellent service and food
03 januari 2018
The oldest restaurant in London, Rules has been serving traditional British food since 1798. Once frequented by Charles Dickens and H.G Wells, the restaurant has retained its historical charm, and remains committed to offering fine, authentic cuisine.
Tuxedoed waiters glide around the formal interior, decorated with antique sketches, where plush banquettes offer a discreet retreat from the main dining room. The hearty menu of traditional British food specialises in classic game cookery, oysters, pies and puddings, featuring game birds, roe deer and Belted Galloway beef fresh from the establishment's own High Pennines estate. The wine list is a French-led affair, or there are native draught beers served in silver tankards.
35 Maiden Lane, London, WC2E 7LB
Se alla restauranger i London
Se alla restauranger i Covent Garden
Kundbetyg för Rules
(((** 16 januari 2018 av Sarah Mccarthy från Kent
Food and service was excellent. Ambiance somewhat spoilt by table close by having a domestic disagreement without consideration to other diners.
((((( 16 januari 2018 av James Hill från Brewood
The beef for 2 is sublime as always. Waiting staff very attentive but not stuffy, lovely atmosphere
((((( 16 januari 2018 av Angela Shippey från London
As always I had a delicious meal. I chose the venison and had a side of Dauphinois as I find them irresistible.
Good friendly service.
I was dining alone and made to feel very well looked after.
((((( 15 januari 2018 av Dan Hall från Cirencester
Wonderful. Eating at Rules was how I imagine the masters at Eton - or perhaps Hogwarts! - dine. British comfort food cooked to perfection. The slow cooked Beef Cheek was divine. And as for the puds - a huge thumbs up was given in our group to Golden Syrup Sponge , Sticky Toffee, Bakewell Pie, Vanilla Brûlée and Apple Crumble. What, no rice pudding and Spotted Dick!
Super attentive non snooty staff too. Yes it’s pricey but you get what you pay for. It’s our go-to venue for that special occasion.
((((( 15 januari 2018 av Andreas Luening från London
excellent british food, great service, a very special location
((*** 7 januari 2018 av Isssc Mcfadden från London
As one of the oldest existing restaurants in London, I've long considered Rules a "must" on any trip to the UK. I've been perhaps a dozen times over the last five or six years...though my most recent visit may well be my last.
Alas, Rules' weak point is rarely culinary; it is customer-service. Or lack thereof. A restaurant of the usual quality, and certainly price of Rules, should never inflict *any* the following on customers...much less all in one sitting.
Here are some highlights, and some tips for the management:
- Note: the only table available on the night was for 11PM. A bit late, but the place is indeed popular.
- This assumed popularity made it rather confusing to learn that, including our table...a total of three others were occupied.
- We were promptly seated at 11PM. And promptly rushed through almost every step of the experience. We paid our bill barely an hour later, at 12:05AM.
- For a restaurant of the quality and price of Rules, a customer should never feel rushed, or as if they are being timed by a stopwatch. Nor should a customer receive such clear and unambiguous signals from the staff amounting to "Hurry it up, the staff would like to go home."
- I can understand if a restaurant, for whatever reason, prefers an early or inflexible closing time, such as midnight. But if that is indeed the case, no reservations or tables should be offered past, say, 10PM.
- If you want your customers gone by 12 midnight, and intend to begin loudly cleaning dishes, turning on all the bright lights, and reminding your customers that the bar and kitchen will close in 15 minutes...then, for heaven's sake, don't offer an 11PM seating. Pure insanity.
- Make certain you have enough food for an 11PM seating. By the time we arrived, a solid 50%+ of the game menu was sold-out
Despite the great setting and cuisine...on this night as customers, we were made to clearly feel as if we were interfering with, or delaying, the staff's other plans for the night. Unacceptable.
((((( 5 januari 2018 av Gloria Ciarpaglini från Arezzo Italy
((((( 3 januari 2018 av Andrew Baird från CHELTENHAM
Excellent service and food
((((( 24 december 2017 av Roberto Henriques från Kingston
Memorable Christmas lunch with family at Rules. No other restaurante does Christmas like this restaurant, very atmospheric and festive decor. Staff are very attentive and service is efficient without being hurried. Food is truly excellent and complemented by an extensive wine list. Recommend the slow cooked beef cheek and dessert menu is truly temtping. Thank you for a wonderful time.
((((* 21 december 2017 av Nicholas Patton från London
Excellent atmosphere and service. Quiet, unhurried and relaxed. Good food and wine in an old-fashioned style. Not cheap but nice for a special occasion.
Boka den här restaurangen
Menyer tillgängliga klockan
Tyvärr finns det inga lediga bord för 2 people this date.
Sök med ett annat datum.
Ledsen, ett fel uppstod när din sökning skulle slutförasSök igen
Nästan klar! Vänligen fyll i dina uppgifter
Erbjudanden direkt till din inkorg!
Hör om våra topperbjudanden först, och boka de bästa borden.
Du kommer snart att få tillgång till en massa bra erbjudanden