- Huvudrätt: R0
- Matkostnad: R0
- Monday - Sunday: 07:00 - 10:30 14:30 - 17:00 & 18:00 - 21:00
The Palm Court restaurant reflects elegant colonial architecture with plenty of lush palm trees and sunlight. Guests can relaxed in the spacious courtyard done up in soothing colour schemes and stunning chandeliers. There are several menus on offer, starting with the breakfast and afternoon tea buffet, a 24 hour limited menu and a daily changing evening indulgence menu.
Palm Court - Oyster Box
Oyster Box Hotel, 2 Lighthouse Road, 4319, Umhlanga Rocks
Se alla restauranger i KwaZulu-Natal
Kundbetyg för Palm Court - Oyster Box
((((( 10 april 2017 av Nigel från Southbroom
Went to High Tea with friends and family, everybody loved the experience!! The pianist was a little loud but we were sat fairly close to her, perhaps she needs to be on a floor higher than where the tables are.
((((* 6 april 2017 av Julian från durban
I visited with a friend for high tea. He is an international visitor and it was his birthday. The waiters made this special even though keeping things private.
This was my 3rd visit and I always bring guests here as it is my favorite choice for high tea. As usual, the ambiance was great, the food really good and service impeccable. I would recommend the following for further improvement:
1. There should be clotted cream and lemon curd served as a condiment to the scones tray. This is typical of most high teas;
2. I missed seeing a cheesecake, which is a variety of cake that I always look forward to;
3. The macaroons are always a treat but this time there was only one flavor which did not really suit my palate. Thankfully one of the waiters was kind enough to get me another flavor, but I do recall a variety of flavors on previous visits;
4. The tea pots are rather large and I find this to be a waste, especially if one would prefer to try a few teas;
5. I would suggest a teas menu for ease of reference so as to limit guests requesting repetition from the waiter each time;
6. One thing that might be less easy to change are the seats, which all of my previous guests have agreed with me, are more for lounging than being at a table dining. It is very difficult to get in and out of the table, with the legs of the table positioned awkwardly too, and the cushions deeply sunken.
((((* 5 april 2017 av Carina från Durban North
Lovely decor, good service by waitress, great food. Only complaint would be the seating at the tables, the tables are very small, when you try pull your chair closer to the table, your legs don't fit under the table and you end up bumping the table every time.
((((( 4 april 2017 av Greg från Durban
Excellent from start to finish (booking to dining). My gluten free request was more than adequately catered for and our guests all thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Thank you for an awesome afternoon.
((((( 31 mars 2017 av Hannelie från Carletonville
((((( 30 mars 2017 av Abigail från Dolphin Coast
Really the most amazing attention to detail. Loved roaming the hotel and seeing all the care put into every choice. Staff was simply superb. We have a 20month old son and the staff were exceptionally kind to him and I. Accommodating. Helpful.
Food was wonderful as can be expected.
(**** 29 mars 2017 av Vino från Durban
High tea at oyster box is a joke that still has me laughing. Service was awful, waitress was inattentive and kept us waiting, no doubt I think I have experienced better service at a fast food joint. The desserts were overly sweet with no real flavour,as for the savouries ,a high school home ec student would produce better. Also the use of confectioners/ synthetic cream instead of fresh cream at an establishment of your supposed standard is unbelievable. It seems that Oyster box is place that overcharges and undelivers. I have been to Mount Nelson for high tea and it delivered everything I expected with excellent service, tasty food and a memorable experience, if only Oyster box could learn from this. I will certainly not return to Oyster box for high tea for its poor value and poor experience.
(((** 28 mars 2017 av Louis från Centurion
To expensive comparing the value
((((* 21 mars 2017 av Janine från Cape Town
Such a beautiful setting.
Loved the chili poppers and desserts in the jars. Such friendly service, such a lovely smile??
((((( 19 mars 2017 av Thaakirah från Johannesburg
Quaint, Splendid & ultimately divine. We visited The Oyster Box for a high tea and accompanied it with my husband. There was a lot to eat & definitely worth every penny! The ambience was extremely romantic. We had a lovely afternoon and it was definitely the highlight of my holiday! The service was excellent and food scrumptious! Definitely loved the view from the terrace! Will be recommending it to everyone & a definite return from us!
Keep it up!
Much Love from JHB!
Tyvärr så kan du inte boka Palm Court - Oyster Box online via vår hemsida
Erbjudanden direkt till din inkorg!
Få Bookatables topperbjudanden och boka de bästa borden.
Du kommer snart att få tillgång till en massa bra erbjudanden